The Procurement Department is the office responsible for the acquisition of supplies, services, and construction in support of the Authority’s business. The Procurement Department is the entity within both Authorities authorized to issue Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, and Requests for Quotation and issue contracts. The Procurement Department issues purchase orders, develops term contracts, and acquires supplies, services, professional services and construction related services. The Procurement Department also disposes of all surplus property and equipment.
The Procurement Department is very conscious of its responsibility and accountability in the expenditure of public funds. Therefore, the Procurement Department maintains a competitive bidding process in accordance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and applicable Municipal codes and ordinances. It is the Procurement Department's policy, to encourage the participation of qualified vendors in the solicitation process, emphasizing opportunities for small businesses and disadvantaged and women owned businesses. Preference may be given to Alaskan businesses when not prohibited by the funding source.
Projects and requirements for the Authorities vary widely and as a result, and rely heavily upon the Alaskan business and contractor community to meet its needs. The Authorities encourage the business and contractor community to participate in the various solicitation processes offered. The use of minority and women owned businesses are highly encouraged, and participation goals for sub-contracting may be required depending on the source of funding.
The Authority’s overall objective is to ensure that goods and services are obtained expeditiously and economically, operational requirements are satisfied, and applicable state and federal procurement requirements are met.
The Authority’s management clearly understands the importance of the procurement function and has tasked the Procurement Department with the responsibility of accomplishing the following objectives:
- To procure required services, materials, equipment, and construction while ensuring quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness are achieved.
- To ensure procurement transactions are conducted in a manner providing full and open competition whenever practicable.
- To comply with procurement rules and applicable federal and state laws and regulations as required.
- To solicit participation of all qualified and responsible contractors and suppliers in the procurement process.
- To encourage participation from Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) when required on federally funded projects.
- To enhance accountability of the Authorities and their participating officers for their procurement decisions and actions.
- To assure equality for all parties involved in the procurement process.
For currently active procurement opportunities, please click here.
For more information on procurement regulations, please click here.Specific procurement regulations: